google search

Custom Search

Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Videoke Bar Experience Ends Today


by: Alan K. Caña

I just finished emptying my Cell phone's Phone book of unwanted numbers .Numbers of people who I don't want to exchange text messages anymore.
Cell numbers of people I met inside the Videoke Bar

It has been an exciting two months or so - my Videoke Bar experience.and I learned a lot from what I saw and from the people I talked with.

There were the girls. Yes, lots of them! The regular customers who were mostly people that I know, the proprietor, the walk-ins and almost everyone I met have their own stories to tell.

But no, they did not come to tell stories, but to enjoy themselves.

But somehow, in between the rounds of drinks and songs, the huggings and kissings, and the laughter, glimpses of their private lives surfaced in forms of drunken talk. Of course the seriousness always comes in behind the facade of playful bantering.

As I emptied my phone of their numbers, I felt a sadness within. But somehow, the experience should end while the stories begin.

I'll write of them, perhaps all of them, for their unique lives have touch mine.I'll write about them because this is the only thing I can do. I can not take them out of the rut they are in. I can not even show them the way for when I was with them, I felt as lost as they.

Tomorrow.Ill start writing about Aimee (not her real name), the star of the place.

But tonight I'll stay home, resisting the urge to go out and have fun.

Work begins tonight.



No comments: